By popular request from expats, exchange students, tourists and other non-Dutch native speakers in Rotterdam: the first edition of Popquiz Marathon International will take place on November 10th!
this Saturday, you and your team can participate in over 30 different
quiz rounds, spread across 10 different locations in and around the
Normally, all rounds of the Popquiz Marathon are based on songs that once entered the Dutch Top 40 charts. This has now changed: the quiz rounds are now composed so that your oddly specific knowledge of British One Hit Wonders or German pop classics can finally be the difference maker! We try to include as many countries as possible, so wherever your team members are from, there’s probably a round in which they can excel.
course, the answer forms and round manuals will also be in English,
just so you non-Dutch participants are not at a disadvantage anymore.
Furthermore, the Popquiz Marathon is as as entertaining and fun as it’s
ever been, so assemble your (international) team and sign up!
– You can pick up your goody bag and stamp card at Rotown, between 19.00 and 20.00hrs.
– First round starts at 20.00hrs, last one finished at 23.30hrs.
– You need only one ticket per team.
– There’s a maximum of 5 people allowed per team.
– A team can only participate with a valid stamp card.
– Each team must have participated in at least 3 rounds at 2 different locations in order to have a chance to win.
– If a team has participated in more than 3 rounds, the lowest round scores don’t count
– The use of telephones and / or computers is strictly prohibited, so no Shazam or Soundhound !! You will be disqualified.
– Only teams that surrender their (full) stamp card to Rotown before 23:40 have a chance of winning.
– The team that wins a round gets 10 bonus points. It therefore pays to look for the quietest locations.
All scores are kept neatly and precisely during the quiz round and the winning team of the Popquiz Marathon will be announced in Rotown at midnight. Note: you can only win the quiz if you have participated in at least three rounds at two different locations. Tickets are available online and at the Rotown bar and you need one card per team.